Friday, October 8, 2010

SOUTH DAKOTA HIGHLIGHTS

My internet connection was dead out West. No signal what-so-ever!  Then I get back to WI, need to see people, do things, and pack for Florida.  Leaving no time to blog!  As many places as my sister and I toured, I'm now playing "catch-up."  This takes a lot of time!  I like blogging, mostly as my personal journal, not sure if anyone reads it - but I like 
blogging/even for myself!  
I must continue with our trip...need to complete posting pictures!  
The only buffalo we saw!

Cowboy prayers/in our ride/Cowgirl prayers for a safe trip.

Crazy Horse ~ nice but no progress since I was there 30 years ago!  What's the deal? 

Mount Rushmore - Duh...

Visiting the Corn Palace, a very decorative basketball court!  What a great experience!

Jack a lope

Billy the Kid and Annie Oakley

A tribute to America - thank you to all that have and are serving - Thanks DEAN!

Working on the Corn Palace.  The staples are as long as my big toe!  Designs are drawn onto the area and labeled with the colors of corn that need to be stapled, to create the colors in the designs. 

Billy goats climbing straight up the mountain.  This was on the back side of Mount Rushmore, a very curvy uphill and downhill drive.  The picture is not very clear.  I tried many times, in different modes, it was very dark.  We were driving 30-35 miles/hour. 

We salute you! 

Stopping for a short tour of WALL DRUG.
The largest drugstore in the world. 

Not Hollywood - It's STURGIS!

ROAD KILL CAFE in Sturgis, SD.

The crowd in 2010 - Sturgis Rally

A must stop store in Sturgis!

Well, that was a quick tour of South Dakota!
A fun visit at any age!  



No comments:

Post a Comment